View Single Post

Old 08-05-2019, 04:08 PM

Liked 105 Times in 11 Posts

I fully agree, have been collecting S&W wheel guns since 1980, got about 80 by now. Have not bough any new S&W for over 20 years, prior to 1990 most in my collection were bought brand new. Then it all changed, lock, unfluted cylinder hammer without firing pin no no except for old 22's or model 547. Yes I know technically the later ones are probably often as good in spite of production savings, but they don't always feel right or look right to me. A round butt N-frame with rubber grips and finger grooves full under lug and unfluted cylinder ugly as sin to me . Well I'm a stubborn old timer loving counter bored chambers, pinned barrel and hammer mounted firing pin that's the way a real S&W should look. Yes I know about opinions, all got one and they........However many nice older classic S&W bought later, especially the pre model numbered species and some rare odd balls, real bargains since of no interest for target shooters over here but still very nice pieces in excellent condition with superb workmanship.