View Single Post

Old 09-25-2019, 02:12 AM

Liked 196 Times in 75 Posts

Old Navy, sorry to hear about your health issues and not being able to shoot like you used to. I hope you will continue to share your vast knowledge of reloading. That would be worth a lot to many folks. Thanks for your service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy View Post
I just never saw the need for 220gr as I also figured it would cause early ware one the guns and that if I needed that weight I'd step up to 45 ACP or 44 Automag, not that I haven't tested a few too many hot rounds in 155g. I had a guy give me about 1000 almost a week after buying some 10mm from someone here, and I still have most left.

I wasted a lot of powder with those Win Silvertips experimenting, however it was fun doing it and then even more fun shooting a bunch of medium 155's at targets and steel after moving to the country where I can shoot from front porch or back deck.

Shot a bunch Trail Boss in 357 and 38spl shortly after it came out and haven't used since due to smoke and paper. Not sure that you could get enough powder in the 10mm case to get 220gr bullet to just exit barrel.

I sold off most of the 10mm's 1911's and 610's since then and I'm down to one DW Razorback due to arthritis of hands and now can't shoot anything, but 22lr maybe, because of CHEMO port on right side of my chest.