View Single Post

Old 09-25-2019, 10:33 AM

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I own a 380 EZ and have yet to get a last round stovepipe, however, I've only had it to the range once and fired 100 rounds of Speer Lawman 95gr.

I removed the slide on the EZ and kept the empty magazine inserted. I also did the same with my M&P Compact 22lr, Sig P365, and Sig P320 to look for differences.

The one observation that stood out right away was the looseness of the EZ magazine within the magwell as compared to the others.

The looseness was from front to back. So loose that it makes me think of a whiplashing effect the magazine is likely subjected to when fired.

This whiplash effect of slamming the magazine forward upon recoil might be contributing to the last round slipping out of a fairly lightly tensioned magazine spring (especially the last round with the least amount of tension applied by the magazine spring).

I rolled up and flattened enough index card paper and slipped it behind the magazine as I inserted it into the magwell. I eventually found just the right thickness of paper to remove a lot of the front to back play of the magazine within the magwell.

This paper spacer pushes the magazine to its forward most range in the magwell and reduces the whiplash effect on what was a loose fit magazine.

I tested cycling/function with 380 snap caps and had no issues.

I will be keeping this makeshift paper "spacer" in my range bag to test if/when I run into the last live-round stovepipe issue.
The Following User Likes This Post: