View Single Post

Old 11-26-2019, 09:18 PM

Liked 12,699 Times in 3,381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6string View Post
Wow, quite a bizarre turn on the tone of dialogue.

Another online issue of Shooting Sports USA hit the web the other day. Not one, but three articles on action pistol. A pull quote as follows "I Like Shooting As Fast As The Dot Allows You".
So, there you are. I get where the NRA is coming from.
Maybe it's best if they hand over the "precision pistol" reigns to the CMP. They're doing a great job of promoting real marksmanship and accessibility amongst ALL SHOOTERS YOUNG and OLD.

Funny thing, if this discussion has any bearing on the perception of firearms on contemporary society, then the need to portray competitive shooting as a disciplined, precision sport (rather than a fantasy simulation of combat) should be more important than ever.

To Wise A, you don't even know me. I can assure you I am not an "old fogie". Before making personal presumptions, maybe you'd care to tell us what the "A" in your moniker stands for before someone jumps to conclusions.
It's not coincidental that you can't buy a handgun in Canada with a barrel less than 105mm long (4.13 inches), "excluding barrels of pistols used in international sporting competitions governed by the rules of the International Shooting Union."

ISSF isn't doing practical pistol competition. If that were the case, this exclusion wouldn't be in there.

There is clearly a legitimacy for traditional target shooting in the minds of the anti-gun crowd that doesn't extend to practical pistol competition. We need to recognize that, and recognize the value of that perception as a legitimate sporting purpose for handguns in preserving 2A rights in the US.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: