View Single Post

Old 01-08-2020, 12:53 AM
Banned

Liked 9,332 Times in 2,759 Posts

I’ve been opening and closing the cylinder all day, have oiled it, but it doesn’t seem to be breaking in at all gang. Worse, sometime it absolutely will not open sometimes, it just seizes. There is a distinct “clicking” feeling and sound when moving the cylinder latch with the cylinder open and out of the way.

I’m thinking there is a burr or rough spot in there. Well... going to ring Colt’s in the morning and see what can be done. This can’t be right, would hate to have to reload this under duress and it seizes up. Will also mention the loose rear sight and rough crown.

Also, I am noticing significant play in these Colt branded new old stock Pachmayrs. Upon further inspection, the grip cutouts on the inside leave gaps, and when the revolver is shaken, it can be felt. I would advise those ordering the new Python be wary of this. Might well be normal for these grips and not a dimensional issue with the actual gun’s grip frame, but if you are like me and like the looks of these black grips, expect some play in them.

So we’ve got a nice little laundry list of issues here gang, with the most serious (and it is serious) being the cylinder release latch sticking and locking up. Keep in mind this is a sample size of ONE and a single data point. With my luck, this is the only Python made with these issues but it’s just something I figure I’d mention.

Will advise what Colt says tomorrow. Hoping they don’t have an abysmally long wait time (thinking of you, S&W mothership) lol!

-Jay
The Following 13 Users Like Post: