View Single Post

Old 01-17-2020, 01:15 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,700 Times in 444 Posts

Great post Lee, I think you covered all the bases extremely well.

I would like to share my personal experience as a member. I joined the S&WCA in 2014 more or less on a whim. I had attended a couple of local regional meetings of the NE Ohio bunch and had met a few members. The 2014 Symposium was in Columbus, Ohio not too far from me. Since it was within driving distance I decided to see what it was all about. WOW!!! I was absolutely overwhelmed from the moment I walked into the hall.

Within minutes, I knew this organization was something I wanted to be a part of. New members have a bright green chevron added to the lower portion of their admission badge. I was welcomed and greeted by so many members it made my head spin!! I was invited to dinner with several of these members my VERY first day.

I will confess that I was very sorry to leave on Sunday morning when the event was over. I wanted to stay and continue to be among the members that I now considered to be my friends.

This years Symposium in Tulsa will be my seventh in a row. I have been eagerly awaiting it since I returned home from Texas last year. I am looking forward to seeing all the friends I have made so far, and hoping to add a great many more.

The annual Symposium dates are my first priority when scheduling my vacation days for the upcoming year. An added bonus to the event is the opportunity to travel to new places in this wonderful country we all call home.

If you are thinking of becoming a member. Take the chance, join, receive the journal, see what we are all about. If you like what you see, try to attend the Symposium. I think you will be impressed with not only the quality of the guns, but the quality of the members.

Best regards, Bob.
SWCA #2785
OGCA #35078
The Following 4 Users Like Post: