View Single Post

Old 01-18-2020, 08:24 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 12,781 Times in 1,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 824tsv View Post
SixgunStrumpet,
What is the story on your Adolph-Weber pistol? I can't find very much about it on the web.
I can't really tell you too much. A big part of why I had to own one was because of how limited the information on them was. Pure curiosity.

Any SWCA members can see everything I know about them here: Adolph-Weber .22 Single Shot

Honestly, I'm very glad I own it, despite some damage to the wood. Which I will eventually have repaired.

I did get the chance to put it in the hands of Steven Hughes recently, which I enjoyed. It's really neat to own a particularly well made gun, that old, with so many features present in modern guns. I believe his comment on it was that usually when someone shows him something he has never seen before, it's not very good. Which wasn't the case with this particular gun.

The funny thing about the gun, having owned it for a while now and pondered it, is that the action itself isn't particularly fancy. Just being a tip up. It's the attention to the trigger, balance, ergonomics of the grip, and the remarkably modern sights that set it apart.
The Following User Likes This Post: