View Single Post

Old 01-25-2020, 09:36 PM
US Veteran

Liked 4,492 Times in 2,190 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapworth View Post
Colt isn't abandoning the civilian market, but as far as what other markets they have (for the M4), they're currently fulfilling multiple huge contracts for overseas militaries.

Has the 6.8 actually, officially been chosen? I can't find anything indicating that this is past the solicitation phase, and we all know how often much sturm und drang surrounds solicitations and trials only for the whole thing to be canceled -- replacement for the Bradley fighting vehicle being just the most recent example.
I'll believe it when I see it. Much to everyone's dismay the 2004 SOCOM pistol trial was canceled. Some even developed new pistols for that contract and some pretty good pistols were designed. I have one so thank you SOCOM.

6.8 is a good cartridge and I'll buy a precision rifle when it hits military inventory. I just hope they don't wait too long tho because I'm not going to live forever.

Edit: As of last month congress has not appropriated funds for a new rifle/cartridge. It's probably a few years away at the earliest. May not even happen.

Congress won'''t give Army extra cash for next-generation rifle - Business Insider

Last edited by LostintheOzone; 01-25-2020 at 09:55 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: