View Single Post

Old 01-26-2020, 08:41 PM

Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts

Hit the range today and definite progress. Fired a few single round mags and the bolt didn’t lock. Took it apart and the hand guard cap was again a hair loose so did what felt like standing on the gas block and torquing it to death. Despite half a can of remoil the other day the range guy said it looked dry so some CLP and (not kidding) a finger of Mobil 1 5w30 on the bolt. I was able to send 9 of 10 down with a failure to feed (half fed and crushed) but a huge improvement. We dicked with it a bit more and ran 20 more rounds with only 2 failures but they were finally ejecting with extreme prejudice ... bouncing off the lane wall and hitting me. Honestly I think it was dry AF and the gas block off enough to not cycle. The bolt is locked back for 48 hours and I’ll go back with some 180gr deer rounds to see if it cycles cleaner. I’ve only put 80 (counting the original 20 failures) through it so another 100 should loosen her up. I really like this gun. It is stupid accurate on the paper. I wasn’t even trying today and it was bang on.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: