View Single Post

Old 02-11-2020, 12:58 PM

Liked 226 Times in 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoda View Post
I am going to shoot it again very soon, maybe today. is the issue with last round only from a full mag? if i put 5 rounds in, would you expect the issue on the last round then?

someone in our class was a gunsmith there and suggested it could be that it hasn't been broken in yet, it has 250 rounds through it now

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It's not a break in issue and it's always a last round issue no matter if you load 8 or 4 or 3 or 2... Mine occurred from day one. I now have over 3500 rounds through my EZ and have resigned myself to never expect this gun to function as it should. I have 8 magazines, have sent the gun back to Smith, changed out springs, springs and followers, and still have the problem periodically. The mag springs are too weak once they wear a bit and the magazine moves a little too much in the mag well when the gun is fired. I went to the range with my EZ last week and again had a last round stovepipe in 2 of my 8 magazines in 250 rounds. Loaded 8 per mag, each mag was loaded 4 times so 2 of my magazines failed 25% of the time last week. My experience has been 10 to 25% last round stovepipes or ejected live last round throughout the life of my EZ. I'm not impressed with that aspect of the gun. Otherwise it has been flawless.

I truly believe stronger, longer lasting springs would fix the issue. The suggestion to increase friction on the follower face might work, but Smith should have resolved this issue long ago. My CZs don't do this, nor do my Sigs, Walthers, Rugers, or Glocks. Guess which brands I'll continue to purchase and which one I won't...
The Following User Likes This Post: