View Single Post

Old 02-11-2020, 05:26 PM

Liked 226 Times in 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogs View Post
Trying to narrow down potential causes of the issue, certainly seems like you covered your bases and your experience, unfortunately may be an issue pistol related.

I do not own an EZ, it does not satisfy any vacant need for me, but seems much of your focus has been ammo/mag related-- I imagine if it was one or the other you would see variations in your results.

Total shot in the dark, have you considered changing the extractor? The last round element throws me, especially with different mags, different ammo, and different shooters
I sent the gun back to Smith. They said the "gun" was fine...which I don't doubt...and gave me 2 new magazines. The new mags didn't solve the problem for long. I'm 100% convinced that it's a magazine/mag spring/mag well issue. Didn't change the extractor...and as you may have gathered, I'm done messing with it unless they come out with new mags or springs... You might understand the last round issue better if you owned an EZ. The last round is not held very securely and the recoil of the slide cycling causes the last round to move even before the slide is coming forward to pick up and chamber the round, so occasionally the round stands straight up and gets caught in the ejection port or is completely ejected from the gun.

Last edited by christak; 02-11-2020 at 05:30 PM.