View Single Post

Old 02-12-2020, 02:00 AM

Liked 519 Times in 194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoda View Post
I am going to shoot it again very soon, maybe today. is the issue with last round only from a full mag? if i put 5 rounds in, would you expect the issue on the last round then?

someone in our class was a gunsmith there and suggested it could be that it hasn't been broken in yet, it has 250 rounds through it now
To be clear, the problem with your wife's EZ may involve limp-wristing, which lets a pistol's frame move too much for the slide to cycle properly. And your lack of a problem shooting the pistol supports that conclusion.

I recounted my wife's last-round stovepipe problem because it is similar to what a number of other owners have experienced. It can also be a little challenging to isolate the problem. Some owners have problems with all of their magazines; my wife only had one problematic magazine, but that actually made it slower to be able to isolate the problem.

If your wife had problems with one magazine and you had no problems, but with a different magazine, you might need to go back and carefully observed both/all magazines.

As to when my wife's EZ has had problems:
  • only with one magazine;
  • not every time, but over half the time;
  • only on the last round, and;
  • with from 2 to 8 rounds originally loaded in the magazine.
While it is not a very satisfactory solution, I have been able to make the one problematic magazine consistently operational by putting an empty casing between the bottom of the magazine spring and the base plate's inner retainer. That effectively turns the magazine into a 7-rounder, but it is a 7-rounder that always works.

New .380 EZ Issues-ezmag-jpg

Last edited by gc70; 02-12-2020 at 02:09 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: