View Single Post

Old 02-12-2020, 10:15 PM

Liked 658 Times in 340 Posts

My experience over the years at both Federal & State re-qualifications with both revolvers and pistols that were WELL maintained (By me) were this.

I never had a malfunction with my revolvers on the first cylinder and NEVER a mechanical problem, but on more than one occasion there were 2 or 3 rounds in the tray at the end of course fire due to reloading issues (All sections of course fire are timed. If when the whistle blows and you haven’t fired ALL rounds for whatever reason, they go in the tray at your shooting lane) . Cases expanding in the cylinder making it hard to eject or freezing the cylinder in the frame, case under the star after ejection taking time to get out before you could recharge the cylinder etc.etc..
With pistols, In approximately 12+ re-qualifications (60 rounds per re-qual) I had 2 times the slide didn’t go into battery. 1 double feed. 2 stove pipes. Never an issue with reloading. All jams cleared and course of fire finished before the whistle blew with never a round left in the tray. I have 2 pistols (both hammer fired) & one 6 round revolver for concealed carry. You can draw your own conclusions.

I agree with the consensus that most if not all self defense situations could be resolved with a revolver without the need to reload, but as mentioned above, I feel more comfortable with a pistol if there is a chance I might have to reload (Going to mailbox or working on the property vs going into the big city/suburbs). JMO

Be SAFE and Shoot Often!

Last edited by Execpro; 02-12-2020 at 11:29 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: