View Single Post

Old 02-14-2020, 07:26 AM

Liked 1,372 Times in 656 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackemmons View Post
S&W-Keeper, Thanks. I would have thought a 1976 model would have been great. So how did this gun get such and excellent reputation? I wonder what percentage of owners have issues and just don't say anything.
I bought mine in the mid 90s because Ihad a friend in the 80s that had a 41 and it was great. Accurate and reliable. I think there are a lot of 41s that fit that description, probably the majority of them. The internet has a megaphone effect and those of us with problem 41s are the ones most likely to post.

In my case the big problem was I kept reading that the 41 was designed for standard velocity ammo, CCI standard in particular, and should not be fed high velocity ammo. It may have been designed for that ammo but mine hates it. Thirty years ago I would have read the manual and seen no restrictions on ammo, noticed that it runs great with CCI Minimags but not standard velocity and happily used Minimags while bragging about how great my 41 is. Instead I wasted a lot of time posting here and changing parts trying to get it to run right with CCI standard velocity.

Last edited by Dave Lively; 02-14-2020 at 10:16 AM.