View Single Post

Old 02-18-2020, 01:54 AM

Liked 51 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC38 View Post
My first thought was that in addition to the possibility of a tight chamber I'd be looking at the extractor too. Maybe the hook was not sharp enough to properly "grab" the rim, or maybe the spring was weak, etc...
If it were not for the fact that 50% of the rounds I fired last time not only "failed to extract" I could not remove them by racking the slide multiple times, or trying to pull them out of the chamber with a fairly large pocket knife. I actually had to insert a wooden rod I made just to be able to insert it into the barrel and push the round out of the chamber with a good push.

Not all ammo was 50% failure but I estimate 20% or so over the variety of ammo I fired. So, that makes me think that the extractor was able to grab the round and pull it out most of the time with most ammo.

I'm anxious to get it back and see if they include any paperwork that maybe tells me what they did to it, if anything. Hopefully they found something that they were able to make a change to help the functioning.