View Single Post

Old 02-18-2020, 04:34 PM

Liked 999 Times in 536 Posts
Default Actual performance on game 44 mag JSP bullets ?

Well got myself a 44 mag rifle 20" 1 in 20 twist . In revolver around here I shoot cast as I don't deer hunt here . Primary game is hogs & lately we've had an explosion in the black bear population . Don't particularily want to shoot no bear as I enjoy watching their antics & don't consider them to be a real threat yet . 240gr is std for caliber weight & the deer hunters like the JHP's & the Wallyworld WWB 240 seems to get its share . I'd like something that will penetrate , break shoulders & offer some expansion . I don't need a 300gr for anything living around here . I do however have an LBT 330gr that'll shoot thru a buffalo at rather sedate handgun speed . From what I'm seeing not a whole bunch of difference between them . Speer 270 GD have been told expansion is iffy @ 44 mag speed , Horn 265 is too hard ( 444 bullet ) . For the 240 JSP's it seems the Rem , Win & Fed offerings perform as well as pretty much anything . Too bad Nosler discontinued the 250 Part . Curious to hear what others have to say . Also has anyone ever used the Montana Gold or the Zero 240 JSP on game ? They happen to be cheaper than others but so did the OEM bullets from the big 3 in the past .