View Single Post

Old 02-19-2020, 12:29 AM

Liked 1,746 Times in 587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Execpro View Post
I suggested on another 380 EZ post, that with all the members on this forum that someone could try a spring from another 380- 8 round mag from some other gun manufacturer to see if it resolved this problem If someone does, PLEASE list the gun you got it from!
Springs from my Bersa Thunder 380, and RIA Baby Rock both fit nicely in the 380EZ magazine. The Bersa spring allows for all 8 rounds to load in the EZ mag, however the Baby Rock spring will only allow 7 to fit. I think the Bersa spring might just do the trick as it definitely has a significant pressure increase but not enough to make it too difficult to load. The Baby Rock spring should work as well but will obviously need several coils cut off. Now are they available? A quick search didn't find any available, but they may be had from the importers. The Walther PPK springs may also work as they're for the 7.65 or 9mm. They're a 7 round mag if I recall, but have to be a higher pressure than the cheezee springs.

I also checked the pressure that it takes to move the follower down 1/2" with each spring in the EZ mag, along with measuring the wire diameter of each, and are as follows.

380EZ 18oz (.034" dia)
Bersa 46oz (.039" dia)
Baby Rock 76oz (.043 dia)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg springs.jpg (74.1 KB, 21 views)
The Following 5 Users Like Post: