View Single Post

Old 02-21-2020, 04:21 PM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchrest1 View Post
Every collector of S&W firearms should have at least one M29 in their collection.
This bothers me. Not necessarily in a bad way, but in an inquisitive way. While I consider myself a collector of Smith & Wessons going way back to the 70's, I've never really been much for N-frames. One of the first guns I ever bought was a 4" Highway Patrolman, but I sold it after I discovered K-frames which made more sense to me. In fact, the only N-frames I own right now are dear old Dad's 6" early Highway Patrolman and a still NIB Model 520. That's it! I did have an opportunity to score a Model 27 at a very good price once, but the good wife nixed it. Most of the time, nice vintage N-frames are too expensive for me to even consider, let alone get by the good wife's approval process.

But now I am an old man with one foot in the grave and I read this. It makes me feel like I've missed out on something that I pride myself in being a part of. Where did I go wrong? And is it too late to correct course? Or am I priced out now and for all time?

I checked. Vintage Model 29's do not grow on trees, nor to they come cheap. For now, I'll just have to wonder about what I missed... about what could have been. But I'll add a Model 29 to my bucket list anyway. You never know. I could win the lottery tomorrow... who knows?
The Following User Likes This Post: