View Single Post

Old 02-29-2020, 08:04 PM
Banned

Liked 9,332 Times in 2,759 Posts

UPDATE:

PYTHON IS BACK. Here it is along with my new Ted Blocker holster I ordered a while back:

First off, the gun shoots extremely well. I put 100 rounds of HOT 125 grain Remingtons and Federal through it this afternoon with 0 failures. Colt repaired the dinged crown very nicely. But, it seems that’s about all they did. The cylinder gap is still almost not there, super duper tight. With that said, it did not appear to cause any issues even after the cylinder got mighty hot from rapid fire 125 grain magnums. Perhaps Colt engineered the new Pythons to work with such a tight gap? Might still ring them about it to make sure.

The cylinder latch is still a bit stiff and “catchy”, but I feel it is starting to break in. The didn’t seem to really mess with it so I’m hoping it breaks in eventually. If not, I’ll ring Colt again.

The singl action pull is much improved over last time. Colt recently released a video saying they redesigned the mainspring to make sure it sets off all primers. I think my gun has the new spring. The double action feels a bit heavier but still buttery, buttery smooth. Like I said single action is not superb. Very nice indeed.

So two problems are certainly fixed, one problem appears to not really have much effect at this point (tight BC gap) and here’s to hoping the cylinder latch smoother out, I think it is starting to. The gun was incredibly fun at the range. I wished I’d brought more ammo for it. The long barrel soaks up the 125 grain recoil nicely.

Will keep everyone abreast on range reports and stuff. Take care all!

-Jay
The Following 12 Users Like Post: