View Single Post

Old 03-07-2020, 05:59 PM

Liked 4,571 Times in 1,643 Posts

The first rule of gun fighting is to have a gun. If it's heavy and uncomfortable and you leave it home, it won't matter how many rounds it holds. I'm not dissing anyone for their carry choices but I think the whole high capacity thing is over blown. If you are regularly confronted with multiple assailants and protracted gun battles, you should probably change your life style. Remember that the average police gun fight is over in three rounds. And these are the people who seek out the bad guys with guns. The likelihood of a civilian engaging multiple armed subjects is somewhere less than the likelihood of getting struck by lightning while being eaten by a shark. This is the long way of saying that if you take a liking to that 5 round J frame, then carry it. My general daily carry is a 360 titanium. It weighs 11 ounces and I carry it in a Vedder IWB holster. In the winter I sometimes just stick it in my coat pocket. I sometimes, but not faithfully, throw a speed loader in a different pocket. I'm old school with my ammo choice and carry Winchester, 158 grain, 357, SWC. I want to make sure they make it to the boiler room regardless of whatever barrier is between me and the threat. In the hot months, I switch out to my 380 Bodyguard that usually ends up in a cargo pocket. I will make up for cartridge capacity with marksmanship and stealth.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: