View Single Post

Old 03-20-2020, 10:19 PM

Liked 12,802 Times in 4,228 Posts

I agree, the Gold Dots are a good choice. They should be fine for defensive purposes. You definitely want to run some through your gun to make sure it's reliable and to see how they shoot for you.

For range ammo, just get whatever you can find inexpensively. Ideally, you want the same bullet weight, but it's not that important. If you want to be on the safe side, stick with ammo from the major manufacturers: Federal, Speer/CCI, Winchester, or Remington. Some other brands that have a good reputation are Fiocchi and Sellier & Bellot. I think the Winchester NATO round swsig recommended would pair well with the Gold Dots you ordered as a training round.

For cleaning guns, ask 10 people and you'll get 12 different opinions. My own general rule for carry guns is to clean after every range trip or every month, whichever comes first. With semi-autos I carry, I'll usually do a quick, superficial cleaning every couple of weeks, basically just making sure there isn't any lint, dust, or dirt build-up, and also to check for lubrication. If things are looking dry, I'll add a little lube.

Just my opinion.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: