View Single Post

Old 03-26-2020, 10:45 PM

Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts
Default Dillon 550C Brand New Troubleshooting Question

I've been reloading on Mec's, RCBS's, Spolar Gold's for a long time, mostly shotgun and rifle cartridges other than a wildcat round, but I'm no expert by any means.

Just purchased a Brand New in the Box Dillon 550C, with the intention to load 38 wadcutters, and 357 home & Self Defense, and perhaps 9mm and 40 Cal later. I spent the afternoon mounting the Dillon to a quick change plate, and strong arm mount, and the majority of my time reading through the manual, putting everything together, being I've never used a Dillon, I've even watched a few youtube videos.

I started loading, got to the fourth handle pull, and on the upswing of the handle, The primer block sticks in place. I've checked the two Allen screws under the block to make sure they weren't to tight, I've looked over the block and it is just stopped, so in working the handle, and bumping the primer block, it finally jumps back into place, and at the top of the handle pull it seats the primer. So I missed 2 primers before I realized when it sticks, its not seating a primer either. In 60-65 rounds, it's stuck a half dozen times. Of course I don't truck the powder measure, so I'm weighing out about every 5th round on my Ohaus 10-10 scale.

Has anyone else had this problem? might have an idea on a fix?