View Single Post

Old 03-29-2020, 08:21 AM

Liked 1,328 Times in 456 Posts

I had a 1.0 .40 that had a decent trigger, I never felt the need to change it.
Up and traded for a 2.0 .40, and the trigger was really heavy and gritty.
I put the Apex duty/carry in it.

A few months ago I bought a 5 inch 9mm in FDE, and it had a heavy (8 1/2 lb.) trigger that felt like it had sand in it.
It also got the Apex parts.

My first Shield back in 2016 was a PC .40. Just after I bought the .40 Shield I picked up another Shield in .45.
I liked the .45, but liked the PC .40 just a little more. Traded the .45 for a 9mm to give to my daughter.

I've carried the PC.40 almost everyday for the last 4 years, but a couple months ago bought a Remsport ported barrel in 9mm for it.
About the same time I felt like I again wanted a .45 Shield, and it has replaced the PC.40 as my daily carry.

Although the .45 is slightly larger for carry, it feels better in my hand, recoil is downright pleasant, accuracy is surprisingly good for a subcompact, and it has shot well with any kind of ammo.

My .45 Shield had some feeding bobbles when I first got it. I thought it might be due to the Hornady XTPs, as those bullets have a different taper than most other .45 loads. It ran fine with hardball.
I looked at the mag followers, and they were the old style.
A call to S&W, and they sent me the new style followers, and it's ran 100% since, even with the Hornady XTPs.

All 3 of my M&Ps. the all black .45 Shield really stands out, it will get FDE Cerakote as soon as I get my blast cabinet set back up.