View Single Post

Old 03-30-2020, 09:58 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 22,580 Times in 5,847 Posts

Classic12,
As always you have some very nice hardware to share with the crowd

My only two AutoMags were a 44AMP and a 357AMP. Both of which got sold during a family cash crisis.

I have had several Desert Eagles, all of them have been outstandingly accurate and all of mine have been reliable. The important thing is FULL Power loads. I only fed mine full charges of H110 under the heavier projectiles.

The two that I still own are chambered in 50AE and 41 Magnum. The 50 I have always loaded with the IMI 300 JHP projectile. I probably have a couple of thousand of those still on hand. The 41 Magnum was never sensitive to projectile weight. 170s, 200s, 250s it did not matter as long a it was a FULL Power load.

And as I am sure you and ever other DE owner knows . . . . No cast bullets in the DE

I am also fond of the LAR Grizzly pistols. I have several of the caliber conversions for mine. Probably the most used is the 5 1/2" 357 Magnum.

Grizzly had their own wildcat the 357/45 Grizzly Winchester Magnum. It was a 45 Win Mag necked down for a 357 projectile. It is a screamer. I have a barrel for each of my Grizzlies

I was very fortunate to have met the Grizzly designer, the late Perry Arnett, back when I was shooting more. Turns out he lived about 30 minutes south of me. He got me interested in the Grizzly 10 1/2" Long Slide.

As I understand it 200 Long Slides were manufactured with 20 of them being in the hard chrome finish.

As a lover of Big Bore Magnum Auto Loaders, it is hard not to love Wildey Moore's pistol. It just has such great lines, or is it just a Charles Bronson thing?

I bought my first Wildey in 45 Winchester Magnum since I already loaded it for the Grizzly.

However, I eventually broke down and purchased a second one in 475 Wildey Magnum.

Last edited by colt_saa; 03-30-2020 at 04:12 PM.
The Following 10 Users Like Post: