View Single Post

Old 04-03-2020, 12:10 AM

Liked 13,775 Times in 4,993 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter123 View Post
Since my Club is closed during the state lockdown can't do any shooting. However do need a break from house cleaning and re-organization so I've been putting in time getting a bit ahead of my Clay Busting shells. So every day I load up 2 boxes of 12 gage and every other day I add a box or two of 20 gage. Unfortunately I'm just about out of empty 20 gage boxes and getting low on on empties for 12 gage.

Also took a bit of time yesterday to do my part in the Hoarding of Handgun ammo, loaded 40 rounds of 147 grain Gold Dots so that I can load up 4 magazines for my 9mm SR1911 I use as my House Gun. Looking at my stock of range ammo has revealed that I do need to stock up a bit on 9mm so I'll start loading 9mm in the next week.

PS; personally I just do not "get" all these hoarding frenzy. Really, Toilet Paper, that is about the silliest thing to hoard I've ever seen. Something sensible would be Beans, super long shelf life and an excellent source of Protein. So, are people hoarding Beans, nope they are hoarding Toilet Paper. Now the rush for handgun ammo and handguns I sort of get but I do think folks went a bit round the bend into flat out nuts. There are gun shops in my area that have been so heavily cleaned out that they have posted notices "closed until re-supplied" which means closed for possibly several months.
30 ca. ammo cans make great storage boxes for 12 & 20 ga.. They will hold about 135 rds..