View Single Post

Old 04-19-2020, 01:44 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 399 Times in 114 Posts

This edition is rarely seen or mentioned. I bought this Grizzly Bear edition new from Graf and Sons right after Clinton put his famous gun restrictions in place. It came with a properly labeled box and papers explaining the nature and purpose of this special edition. Note that in addition to the Grizzly on the side plate, it has a white-outline rear sight and a red-ramp front sight. Unfortunately, I did not save either the box or the papers. I don't make that mistake these days!

A brief mention of this edition was made an early edition of the Standard Catalog, but it is not mentioned in the 3rd or 4th edition.

I have posted this gun before, and although a few other folks seem to be aware of this edition, few (or no) other specific examples seem to pop up. I don't know if SW made 20 of these or 200. I would love to find some one else in possession of the original special edition papers so I could get a copy.

Never shot a grizzly with it, although it has been carried while hiking in grizz county. It has killed four Missouri Whitetails, though.

EDIT: Just found the box, but not the special edition papers.

Last edited by InTheWoods; 04-19-2020 at 02:17 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: