View Single Post

Old 04-21-2020, 04:28 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 293 Times in 112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by michpatriot View Post
A few months back I picked up a 329PD, and the 44specials felt like a 45acp to me. The 44sp bullets out of my 329 also hit low off to one side when sighted for Magnum, easy to remedy with a simple readjust of the rear sight..but I've found the best accuracy with 44mag hardcast. If you find the recoil harsh order a x frame hogue grip it makes a great improvement in this revolver. There are lots of different loadings to suit just about any taste in 44special. I hope you enjoy your new revolver as much as I am..it really carries like a dream, so light and with the Hogue grip that came on the S&W500 it shoots great! I'm very happy with the accuracy after changing out the v-notch rear sight to a square notch, best $20 I ever spent on sights. I would not be concerned with recoil with 44 special, and if you look to Buffalo Bore there's a good load for 44special that is a good match for the 329pd. I bought a Guides Choice leather chest holster from Diamond D and would recommend the holster to anyone looking for trail/woods carry it fits well and works great. Easy on easy off and great craftsmanship.
Re the Guides Choice holster, I just went to the Diamond D website and looked at it. Looks like one of the best chest holsters I have seen listed. However, the model wearing the holster in the pics has a nice slim body. My torso is much larger. Just wonder how a chest holster would work for me (a fat guy)while mowing, mushroom hunting or otherwise working around the farm. Thoughts?