View Single Post

Old 04-26-2020, 01:46 AM

Liked 9,370 Times in 3,507 Posts
Default Follow-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDOT37 View Post
As has been mentioned, sometimes they surprise you.

The stray/abandoned little kitty, that adopted me several years ago, would run away if I even made eye to eye contact with her, when she first appeared with her head sticking out from under the fence.

I kept giving her food every day & she stayed just out of view but slowly, after going thru two winters, slowly she got closer & closer until one day I touched her tail & she didn't run.

Now she stays by the patio in the fair weather & comes into the garage in the winter when I call her.

Even my son had to shake his head & admit he was wrong in thinking she'd never be more than a scaredy cat.

susieqz: I hope things work out with your little helper.

- Lil Kitty catching some rays on a cold morning -

As a follow-up to this old post, about two years ago, after the previous three winters of being a outside/garage cat I started her on a transition to coming inside the house more & more each day.

She's been exclusively an inside cat now for two years, never wants to go outside, follows me around the house, sleeps on my lap almost every night & helps me browse the S&W Catalog for fun stuff to bring home.

She turned out to be an affectionate & awesome companion! I'm glad she found me.

- On the Inside looking Out, finally -

Last edited by BLUEDOT37; 04-26-2020 at 02:02 AM.
The Following 8 Users Like Post: