View Single Post

Old 05-03-2020, 07:08 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,644 Times in 377 Posts

Back in the 1980s there was a lot of talk about modifying Police Revolvers to D A only because of an incident where a police officer somewhere was holding an armed suspect with his cocked and accidently tripped the trigger accidently killing his suspect. As a Police Firearms instructor I shot thousands of rounds every year and I never cocked a hammer on the range. Just to see how much trouble it would be to modify a S&W revolver to DA Only I had a Model 67 that I was not using so I handed it to my gunsmith and asked him to modify it to DA Only. A couple weeks later he handed me my model 67 with the modifications. It was DA Only, the square butt was rounded to round butt. the hammer was bobbed, there was a set screw in the trigger to prevent over travel and the DA trigger pull was very smooth and light. For shooting I loved the Pachmyre compact rubber grips which the revolver now wore. It would be perfect if we were required to go to DA Only. I did replace the wizzed main spring. I also needed a holster so I took my BIANCHI model #8 and cut back the strap and put on a new snap. The round butt wood grips look better

Last edited by jimgoldth; 05-03-2020 at 07:10 PM.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: