View Single Post

Old 05-07-2020, 12:52 AM

Liked 300 Times in 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutwest66 View Post
How are you liking that holster?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I'm returning it. I think it is a fine holster for certain guns, but I think the company uses the same holster for multiple guns, and in this case, the leather sweat guard gets in the way when I draw it. In other words, it's placed too far beyond the grip where the web of my hand needs to go to get a firm purchase before I draw. As a result, I can't get as high on the gun as I can my Mitch Rosen UPL. I also like high riding holsters, so this one is going back. I do think it's a good holster, but not necessarily the perfect fit for someone like me who rides so high on a pistol I can't shoot Glocks without a beavertail.

This is the grip I get without a sweat guard (e.g. my Mitch Rosen).
M&P picture thread.-img_1742-jpg

This is what I get from the Urban Carry...
M&P picture thread.-img_1741-jpg

And this is why...
M&P picture thread.-img_1740-jpg

If you notice the rear iron sight is not backed by the sweat guard either. Unfortunately, this is what occasionally happens when holsters are not designed for a specific brand/model gun. I tried and tried to make it work, but it's just not for me. It is, however, very well made, so if someone likes this kind of holster, perhaps give it a shot. The retention is excellent if someone wants that feature.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1742.jpg (37.5 KB, 582 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1741.jpg (35.0 KB, 577 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1740.jpg (48.3 KB, 584 views)
The Following 2 Users Like Post: