View Single Post

Old 05-07-2020, 09:36 PM

Liked 6,619 Times in 1,535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onomea View Post
I do think it makes a very big difference whether one is in a rural environment where people are few and far between, or in a crowded, urban downtown where one needs to dodge fellow pedestrians on the sidewalks.

My own rule is as long as I can keep six feet apart, I don’t wear a mask outside unless I am meeting someone, and I always put on a mask when going into a building — grocery store, liquor store, etc. — other than my home.
I absolutely agree with you. However, a lot of replies make it abundantly clear there are those those who would refuse to wear a mask under any circumstance. I am obviously a product of my training and experience as we all are. As a 35 year Firefighter/Paramedic my opinions are tempered by that experience. I worked through the Aids, Swine Flu, Bird Flu, H1N1 and Anthrax issues and probably more I don't recall. I also frequently responded to a nursing home where many residents suffered from MERS and or C-Diff so I did not hesitate to wear a mask, gloves and gown to protect myself and not bring it back to the station or to my family as I felt it was my obligation.

I went through chemotherapy I often wore a mask and visitors to my home were required to wear a mask before entering to protect me, not them.

This is not an intellectual or political excercise to me, but rather based upon my personal experience and is perhaps why I am so passionate about it.
John. SWCA #1586

Last edited by hsguy; 05-08-2020 at 03:57 AM.
The Following 22 Users Like Post: