View Single Post

Old 05-09-2020, 07:24 PM

Liked 2,202 Times in 883 Posts

My favorite "J's"... I carry NY Style in the winter a lot around the
semi-deep suburbs in/around Highlands NC... The Nickel J36 @ 4pm and the blued J36 in my right front pocket in a DeSantis "Nemesis" pocket holster... with 1 spare 6 count speed strips filled with Gold Dots. The M36's are filled with Underwood hard casts "Keith Pills" that push 900fps... even out of the 1 7/8th-inch barrels for carry...

"Edit to add" below,
As to the "Why" part of KS-Drifter's question...

***We carry, and train with our "J"s because they conceal so well on me even (2) at a time... They are utterly reliable, compact, and, "A 38.Special "J" frame punches well above their weight!" I know 2 ex beat cops,.. 1 from Jersey, 1 from New York. And they both swear by 1 7/8th inch barreled J's loaded with
150 Grain-Full-Wad-Cutters loaded to 875fps from a snubbie's barrel... My grand father used to run a liquor store after rotating back from Europe and Korea and it's what he carried too. The "J-Frame" snubbie with similar loads saved his life twice as well. And finally, the wife and I both, practice shooting full power .38Special snubbie J's into both paper and steel silhouette's (Pelvis-Shots as fast as possible) at 10 meters with 80% hits every time. Its a fantastically effective and formidable gun with a flat Meplate in either semi-wads or full wad-cutters loaded to 875fps plus from the muzzle. This platform and aforementioned loads are surprisingly easy to train females to load/unload, operate, & become confident and highly lethal with. The aforementioned points are our reasons for choosing to shoot, train, and carry "J-Frame" snubbies in suburban environments. We even carry our J Snubbies as back-ups to our 3" barreled .44Special and .44Magnum "Woods-Guns". YMMV***

This is the wifey's "J" frame coupled with a Tyler T and some Vintage Magna's... She shoots it and carries it with full-powered Buffalo Bore and Underwood 150 grain Soft Cast Full-Wads that push a "C" hair under 900fps... She wears her in a Bianchi @ 4:30...

These are my go to J's... Carry the nickel in town almost every day at least... and I carry both when out at night.

And these are the rest of the "J's" and one "D" frame that are in the carry rotation as well.

Last edited by HamHands; 05-09-2020 at 08:25 PM.
The Following 15 Users Like Post: