View Single Post

Old 05-16-2020, 01:01 AM

Liked 9,337 Times in 3,499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
Was planning on converting the 4013 to a 10mm, but so far it has issues I can't work out. It is the only 3rd gen I have had that has ever not worked properly and I have like 8. The last round in 4 different mags will jump out of the gun instead of chambering. Tried stiffer slide spring and mag springs, still haven't been able to iron it out. Once I get it worked out, will most likely make it a 10mm.
Do your magazines have the vertical top round indentations (VTRI) in them or not? The early ones did not have them.

While the mags with the VTRI are preferred for it as a 4013 if you do convert it to a 1013 the mags without VTRI are preferred.

The problem with the VTRI, from a 40-to-10mm conversion perspective, is that once you remove the spacer from the VTRI 4013 magazine (to accept the longer 10mm round) that once beneficial VTRI is now in the wrong place (too far forward) to hold the 10mm round in the extractor groove.

In fact it causes binding on the cartridge's body, restricting movement, & has to be reduced/eliminated for proper feeding to occur, therefore not helping to keep the round in place, in this instance.

My 1013 occasionally pops the last round out of the mag when firing full handloads.

Heck, even my 4040PD likes to do it sometimes.

Last edited by BLUEDOT37; 05-16-2020 at 01:04 AM.
The Following 7 Users Like Post: