View Single Post

Old 05-19-2020, 02:26 PM

Liked 19,903 Times in 8,800 Posts

They are like land...... they're not making any more!!!!!!

Only about 5500 were ever made...... half are probably already lost to history 2700 ( with a few more slipping away every year).......... two thirds of the remainder are "Shooter Grade" 1800 ..... three quarters of those left are are "nice" 693 ......... leaving about 230 "minty" guns.

IMO there will always be a market for those last 230 guns and the nice 690 guns....... at least keeping pace with inflation.

Story of my RM.

Walked into a local gun store about 15 years ago...... looked around and was about to leave when the owner said "There's a Smith over here you might be interested in"

Walk over and look N-frame 6+" barrel ..... not my thing ..... but to be polite I asked to see it......... looking it over I see the RM xxxx. Something "tingles" but I hand it back.

In the store on consignment. Wife's having a baby and Granddad's old gun has to go!!!!!!

Come home and look in my SCS&W3rd........."OH S---!!!!!"

Back at 10am ..... and paid the full asking price.......$325. About the same as a 6" 28 was bringing back then vs. the going price back then of $3000-4000

The sky is not the limit..... but there will always be a market for 1000 nice or better RMs...... short of TEOTWAWKI....... and even then they will be in demand as a great self defense weapon that doesn't need a magazine!!!!

The Following 4 Users Like Post: