View Single Post

Old 05-22-2020, 07:12 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 14 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordnanceguy View Post
Hoya74:

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for your post. I am accustomed to reading your frequent posts over on the Colt Forum but it is nice to see you here.

The posting of your pics is most valuable as it provides additional information for the Database. As it happens your revolver was already in the Database with the notation that it had been up for auction in the February 2020 Morphy auction. The W mark on the butt and the West German Police markings on the back strap had not been observed or disclosed in the Morphy auction listing, so those bits of additional data help fill in important gaps.

Neat gun. Stick around the Forum here and we might just turn you into a S&W guy.
Thank you Charlie.

I saw the Victory on Gunbroker recently very early in the morning and used BIN once I read the letter and saw the Rosslyn destination.

Interestingly, I found a 1939 Congressional Navy Appropriations for leasing the Fowler Building in Rosslyn VA, the frequently listed destination for Colt OSS pistols. So perhaps the Navy was the managing agency or landlord for the Fowler Building which might explain the S&W letter listing the destination as "United States Navy, Rosslyn, VA."

My collecting lane is mostly WWII military which explains my interest in the Victory models while Colt offers a wider variety of WWII gems.

Last edited by s&wchad; 05-31-2020 at 04:50 PM.