View Single Post

Old 05-24-2020, 12:10 AM

Liked 170 Times in 89 Posts

It's been awhile....

Just stopped in to say I stopped building 32L....

I'm building 327 federal now!!!

If I can figure out where to host pics since photobucket turned on us, I'll put some up.

My first conversion was a model 10 heavy barrel. Using A 7.62 by 39 barrel blank to cut a bull barrel from. Making a front post and cylinder catch, installing an adjustable rear sight and drilling and chamber reaming a fitted 22 cylinder!!

I now have a model 10, 6" bull barrel, adjustable sight, pinned and recessed, 327F!!! (need it blued)

My current project is a model 67 that I am boring and reaming the barrel to just under 1/2". I purchased a stainless Walther barrel blank in correct diameter and twist for the 327. I'm turning the blank to press into the old barrel with a step and larger diameter where I'll thread it for the frame.

I'm planning on winding up with a 67 that looks absolutely stock, but is in 327. I'm actually on my third barrel. The first one I didn't feel like drilling and reaming followed the bores centerline sufficiently. I ground pilots onto multiple reamers sizes to maintain the centerline relatively accurately. Second barrel bore was great, but the blank buckled pressing it in. This barrel will be done with the piloted reamers, and a lighter press fit along with retention grade loctite.

Wish me luck!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I thought you guys would find this appropriate for our .32 discussion.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: