View Single Post

Old 05-24-2020, 10:52 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,095 Times in 1,249 Posts

We both must listen to Warren Zevon BC38.

"Funny, but I was thinking of doing exactly the same thing!"

The ol' faithful hollow base wadcutter load and Bulls Eye can't gen up any pressures in .38 Special that are worth considering.

"Funny but the trigger on mine doesn't seem that bad. A little heavy, but not unmanageable, and pretty smooth. But I have pretty strong hands."

Heh! I'm a pretty big ol' boy. Are you implyin' that I have wussy hands?

"I must have just got really lucky with this one - or else the person who did the refinish really knew his stuff and refurbed the action too, because this one really does seem to lockup well."

You are fortunate. I've observed quite a few of these Colts through the years and not one of them could be said to lock up tightly save for that Officers Model. I had just about decided that's the way the non-target models were designed to function.

"I guess I'm right there with you in the "not bright" group, 'cause I had fun shooting mine and it seemed to shoot just fine to me. Maybe I just don't know the difference."

Shoot it in good health. I'm always glad to read of folks giving vintage guns the occasional airing. You might watch the chambers when firing the gun double-action to be sure they adequately line up with the barrel. My .38's best, but all three will occasionally spit lead and particles if used double-action. It's enough to be annoying.