View Single Post

Old 05-26-2020, 11:10 PM

Liked 8,056 Times in 3,176 Posts

My BIL has everything secured as far as cellar doors to garage and to driveway with the bars on them, and he always has the front door secured and has the outdoor motion lights, and front door light is on all the time. I always joke with him about how secure he keeps it! He's no slouch if push came to shove, but it IS the city and you never know what nut jobs may show up. The Model 10 was my 1st handgun before I moved to the city, as my friend, who was a FFL, trainer, gunsmith, 2-tour Nam vet, etc., suggested it and it's worked out as a first of quite a few different types of handguns I have. After hearing all of the many ideas I didn't think of and others that sort of backed up some ideas I had, I believe a .357/.38 spl+p would be a good start, and wouldn't hurt to keep a 20 gauge scattergun handy. As far as actually using them in self-defense, I don't think he'd hesitate to the point of being disarmed. Opening the door to an unknown wouldn't happen. I appreciate every one of your suggestions, and I'm going to let him read this post so he has a better idea, and he may even decide on a semi-auto.
On a side note, today my daughter and I took her friend to the handgun range today for her first time (they're 19) and she's hooked now! They took turns on Sarah's .22 single action, and she shot my 9mm Beretta 92, but handed it back after 3 shots. So we have a new shooter in our midst! Again, I thank yinz for all of your inputs; all are taken open minded and serious.
Jeff T.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: