View Single Post

Old 06-02-2020, 12:30 PM

Liked 101 Times in 33 Posts

Sounds like a dealer problem, not a shipper or carrier problem to me.
You said you've had issues three times, but you insist on using the same dealer.

If the dealer accepts transfers, and they have adjusted their hours of operation, then its up to them to make arrangements for delivery, or they can use those adjusted hours they made to open later to go get your parcel.
If they don't accept transfers right now then they should have stated that when (I assume) you called to make sure everything was normal before ordering. They are getting paid for the transfer right? Then that requires them to do their part.

Ive never had a problem with any carrier. I've only had one issue with an out of the way FFL that worked from home and he had it delivered next day.

As for internet sale companies/dustributors. They don't have time to babysit every order. They update you when your order status changes. You get a conformation of purchase usually within 24 hours, usually right away. Then when they pull your order they tell you ins in preshipment or shipment and when a label is created. Then its up to you to follow tracking information. Is its normal business days then usually the carrier will pick up the shipment by end of day or following day. Then it has to be "accepted" which generally means scanned in, either by the pickup carrier by scanning the manifest, or by scanners as the truck is unloaded at the main shipping facility for the area. That can take 24 hours before the package is departed/in transit. If its not the weekend it generally takes about two business days assuming theres no natural disasters/covid BS/riots/etc. I've never had one take but three business days (not including weekends or holidays).

Its easy to get in a hurry. These distributors ARENT Amazon. They get **** ton of orders and have to very carefully provess each one, because they aren't shipping you boxer shorts or Sunny Delight, they are shipping guns and ammo that can get them fines, loss of license, or jailtime.
Personally I'm thankful for their services. Its not perfect, they do overlook something sometimes like sending an email on time. But I have never called and asked about my order when they weren't able to reassure me what is going on.

Try a different FFL and see if your experience is better. Or buy locally and hope they can get it from distributors or give you a fair price.