Thread: hard drive
View Single Post

Old 06-16-2020, 03:02 PM

Liked 5,543 Times in 2,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveno View Post
I should have realized the difference. when I start my computer up in the morning it gives me a warning that the cooling fan ain't working some or all of the time. I have given it a thought to just get the fan replaced but that would probably cost as much as new computer even if the fan was available. I just hate starting over with a new computer after getting this one just how I want it. since Windows Live Mail is no longer available I have to start with a new e-mail program as well. at least I have a copy of all my e-mail addresses so it is just a matter copying them over. I will have to start looking over the computers again. wally world have an HP for about $350 which is in my price range.
Cooling fans on laptops are not that difficult to replace, but it's sometimes difficult to find the right fan. I've replaced a couple, and it took some searching to locate the right part. Desktop cooling fans, on the other hand, are readily available and cheap.

It may just be bad luck, but I have found HP laptops to be problematic. I've had much better luck with Dell, Acer, or Lenovo. Acer is often the least expensive brand available feature for feature.