View Single Post

Old 06-21-2020, 05:49 PM

Liked 28,135 Times in 8,918 Posts

So, if I’m following this, you’re explaining to an author, thru a third party, about the author’s copyright, and disputing the author’s interpretation? #AskingForAFriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISCS Yoda View Post
I read the posts. I understand many things but I am afraid the term "jam" is just too broad. But I'll go along with it just because I like the folks around this campfire.

That is technically incorrect. If you create a written "piece" the copyright attaches to it immediately and it is yours. If your written item is published by someone other than yourself then either the publisher has its own copyright or you, the author, can transfer your rights to the publisher. See what Mas says:

Exactly. Mas transferred XYZ rights to the publisher but retained ABC rights. If the publisher is out of business, and if nobody bought their assets, then Mas would be the sole owner of the copyright again.

Again, Mas is correct, except that legally he's probably the sole owner of the copyright at this point in time.

Specifically for this campfire - -

That's more or less the policy of the S&W Forum except I doubt that the moderators are going to insist on double credits unless it's spectacularly obvious.