View Single Post

Old 06-22-2020, 05:58 PM

Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts
Question Would they care about service info?

When I graduated from the police academy I was issued a model 10 and I carried it for years before my department went to 9mm. Eventually I traded it in for something at a gun store and so who knows where it is now. Making someone happy I'm sure.

But I am probably going to be sending in for a factory letter on an old S&W that I just bought and I got to thinking wow I wonder who had this old gun back in the day? And I thought that hey, what if the person that has my old service gun sends in for a factory letter? Would they like to know that it was purchased by the NYPD and who it was issued to and when he graduated the academy etc...? I certainly would love to know the history of my current gun so maybe that person would too.

So my question is ... does the historical society care about this kind of info? I mean I know the serial number of my old gun and I would not mind telling them who I am, when I graduated the academy and when I was issued the gun. Might make for a cool thing to put on a letter. Heck, maybe some day years from now they could sell it back to my family (I should never have sold it to begin with).