View Single Post

Old 06-23-2020, 11:36 PM

Liked 416 Times in 173 Posts

The bevel below the firing pin hole is, as has been stated, totally normal and part of the design. I’m betting your problem is ammo related. I have around 40K through my issued training M&P 1.0 and well over 10K through my personal training 2.0 CORE - I don’t think I’ve ever touched the striker channel on either.

I just finished up a 10,000 round test on a Trijicon SRO using a 2.0 CORE. The 10,000 rounds were fired in seven shooting sessions. The slowest firing was 1,000 rounds in a bit over an hour. The last 2,000 rounds were fired in about 35 minutes. The pistol was cooled by dunking the slide/barrel in water and watching out for the steam and splashing boiling water coming up through the magazine well. I did do a couple quick cleanings of the pistol during the test but never pulled the striker assembly.

We’ve got guys who have hundreds of thousands of rounds through M&Ps with abusive training cycles and minimal maintenance. The most common problem is ammunition that doesn’t go bang. In some cases a heavier primer strike ( like Beretta with the Mil-Spec hammer spring) will make them go. In most cases it won’t.

I’d use some of your proven ammunition and put a few hundred rounds through the pistol in practice. I’ll bet it runs fine.
The Following User Likes This Post: