Thread: 39-2
View Single Post

Old 06-29-2020, 08:53 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,368 Times in 1,003 Posts

Many were made and with most guns condition is everything. A shooter with no box is a good gun and will bring years of service but the price is as stated above in most areas...some exceptions.
BUT...a LNIB example could almost double the price to the right buyer. They are only LNIB once and not being made any more.

I have 4 39-2's, 2 nickle and 2 blue. One of each is LNIB but I don't shoot them so they have no application outside of pride of ownership. The blue shooter on the other hand goes to the range regularly and has been a joy to have. The DA pull isn't as nice as my 3rd gens (not really close) but the SA pull and reset can't be beat! Very tight groups and 100% reliable with standard load ball ammo in any of the regular grain weights of 115, 124 or 147. They also feel very good in the hand.

Smooth shooting and great looking is a good package. I suggest you give it a try as they aren't very expensive. New recoil spring and you should be good to go. Let us know what you decide! All threads need pics...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1952.jpg (60.9 KB, 113 views)
The Following 6 Users Like Post: