View Single Post

Old 06-29-2020, 09:38 PM

Liked 17,313 Times in 6,653 Posts
Default Shield to the Range

My friend took his 9mm Shield with laser to the range today. I went along because I wanted to fire my 457s and my Mossberg MC1sc.

My friend had actually wanted one of those with laser, but they are just no available right now.

I lent him my UpLULA because the springs on the Shield are incredibly tight.

I went and loaded the 457s and started firing. I got through a couple of magazines when he started to frantically wave me over.

I walked over and found that somehow, don't ask me how, he had trapped the web of his shooting hand, the part between the trigger finger and the thumb in the ejection port of the Shield.

I pulled back the slide and released him. He explained what happened, but I still don't understand it.

After he recovered whereupon he commented that you can't see the laser in the daylight. I mentioned that it was really only good for when it's dark, you really don't need it during the day.

He asked me why I hadn't told him that when he was looking for the gun.

My answer, "Would you have listened to me?"

"No."

He is my oldest and closest friend. We've been friends for over 60 years, so I have a good idea of how he thinks. I could have spent an hour explaining why the laser wasn't the magic answer to hitting the target, but it would have been for nought.

I'm still laughing at the sight of his hand stuck in the ejection port.

I regret that I was too busy trying to figure out how to get his hand out to take a picture. It would have lived on the internet forever.

Oh, the Mossberg and the Shield are very similar in design. In fact, if Mossberg didn't have that safe takedown system, S&W probably could have sued them for stealing the design.