View Single Post

Old 07-02-2020, 02:29 PM

Liked 105 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
Great story! We have a saying around here that one should “buy the gun, not the story” but with the police evidence history for provenance, that truism goes right out the window. You must decide for yourself whether you want to remain its guardian for a while or if someone else should. But if you do decide to sell it, a major auction house that specializes in such things would be the way to go. Even with the cost of your auction fees, the broader buying pool is all but guaranteed to bring you a better return, and all you need is two determined bidders with “deep pockets” to bid against each other and you win!

Meanwhile, congratulations on a very interesting find and I hope you will get to truly enjoy it regardless of what you decide.

Froggie
Thanks sir for enjoying the story of my gun adventure. The auction firms are definitely an option. However as I earlier said in on reply, for the moment I just keep a low profile, watching the radar screen and waiting for a person with deep pockets. I like the gun a lot and as we say over here it's not eating any bread from me if kept.