View Single Post

Old 07-02-2020, 03:51 PM

Liked 2,173 Times in 836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuters View Post
Thanks sir, I really appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. I understand that you are experienced in this business. This suits me just fine since I'm a bit lazy. Business I regard as love, too eager and you are blowing it, sorry just me sense of humor. For the moment I just keep a low profile and let it sit in the safe, watching the radar screen for incoming potential customer. Thanks again sir very good pice of advice you provided.
Unfortunately if your name is now publicly associated with this revolver anyone that can read will know who owns it. It isn't rocket science locating someone's personal info/address on the internet nowadays.

It truly has a prominent place in Sweden's history, no matter how morbid and dark it may be to many people. I guess were I am going with this is by "let it sit in the safe" I hope you mean a reputable bank's highly secure safety deposit box and not a typical personal safe/gun safe in your home.

And don't forget about properly insuring it for the amount you or any professional appraisers there in Sweden may feel it is now worth. (It would probably be a very good idea to have it professionally appraised by more than one elite level appraiser there for documentation purposes...…...just be sure it never leaves your control when doing so.)

If you truly want to get top dollar when selling it you may want to contact a reputable auction house that has the ability to properly promote the upcoming sale on an international level amongst deep pocket gun collectors. Just because it was used in Sweden for the murder doesn't necessarily mean it will command the most money from a Swedish citizen. You can always set the reserve or minimum sales price at a level you want and if it does not meet that at auction then you can continue setting on it.

Something tells me you are going to do much better than your initial SEK 4,400 ($472 USD) initial investment.

Best of luck and thanks for sharing the history with us.

Dale

Last edited by tenntex32; 07-02-2020 at 04:38 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: