View Single Post

Old 07-12-2020, 03:21 PM

Liked 16,326 Times in 4,241 Posts
Smile

When I was a young lad the .32/20 revolver was popular and thought to be a "Very Powerful" caliber like a .357magnum is today

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta-419 View Post
I live on the edge of a forest with lots of critters that cross my place. This year has been a hot wet summer with hot meaning the "wind chill" factor is 108. I let my two German Shepherds out at daybreak each morning, as I was making coffee I heard growling and barking just a few feet passed the patio where we drink our morning coffee. I have learned to pay attention to their communications. I grabbed my S&W 32-20 off the kitchen shelf and made the few steps where the dogs were jumping away from something in the high grass. I made the recall command and both of the shepherds came in, I was only feet away from them when I saw the Copperhead coiled and striking at them. At a range of 6 feet straight into the ground I fired 4 rounds of soft lead ammo. The S&W 32-20 is one of my favorite critter guns to the point of owning 4 S&Ws and two Winchesters in this caliber. I do handload for them which is a plus at the current price of a box of factory ammo. This gun with serial number 58415 is old , to say the least, but she shoots true and better than my old eyes will allow her. The holster is from H.H. Herser and marked Sheriff's Dept. Palm Beach.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: