View Single Post

Old 07-15-2020, 12:56 PM
US Veteran

Liked 18,768 Times in 4,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hastings View Post
Holy Smokes that's a beautiful handgun! Looks darn-near perfect. Would you mind sharing more photos of that revolver?

By the way, what is the rear sight on that revolver? If the height would work on the 624, I might try replacing the adjustable sight with one of those.
Thank you for the complement. Sorry, but this is currently the only pic I have available. I'm sure there are some more in my computer somewhere, but they will take time to hunt up.
As I said, I've been thoroughly happy with the way this one turned out. But it was a great deal of work. Mostly with the barrel That barrel was originally a 6" 25-2 .45acp barrel. I had to cut both ends as the shank was too long for a .45 Colt cylinder. That's also why it has a patridge front sight. It was on the original barrel and aftermarket stuff just didn't look right.
The rear sight is Cylinder & Slide's Extreme Duty fixed sight. It goes right on in place of the original adjustable sights. It worked out just fine for me and shoots to POA at 10 yards. I rarely shoot beyond that as this is simply a big bore belly gun.