View Single Post

Old 07-19-2020, 08:10 PM

Liked 520 Times in 170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by old bear View Post
I like a deal as much as the next guy, but there is a major difference between a deal and taking advantage of someone. You sir crossed that line. I would not be able to sleep at night if I pulled a stunt like you are bragging about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mod34 View Post
I dunno guys and gals. Maybe its my age, but I really think that if we were being honest with ourselves, and really wanted to encourage and propagate the hobby and pass the interest on to the next generation, the answer is to educate 'em not screw 'em.

Yea, you paid what the kid was asking, the fact that he had no clue should not induce a prideful post. You screwed him plain and simple.

"If you want to feed for the day, give him a fish; if you want to feed for a lifetime, teach them to fish."

Again, maybe it is my mood and/or my age, but as a hobbyist, casual collector and part-time hoarder, I'm a bit embarrassed by this thread. And, not to go too overboard and since I'm likely to already be making enemies here......Shame on those who posted a "LIKE" to the OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by old bear View Post
AA+1 THANKS!!

Let me be VERY VERY clear...I said the guy DID NOT appreciate what he had, NOT that he didnt KNOW what he had.

As we were in the gun shop he was on GunBroker LOOKING at 19-3 and their selling prices....he SIMPLY wanted $300 for a "better" gun.

Hence why I said he didnt appreciate what he had because he was willing to essentially dump a $700+ gun for a Glock....

Its certainly not like I lied to him saying "its a bad gun" or "its not worth anything"......This young guy simply didnt want the 19-3 and wanted to get something else.

At the end of the day he got the gun he wanted...and I got a gun I wanted.....Everyone went home happy.

Im not THAT horrible of a person dang.

Last edited by fmflorida; 07-19-2020 at 08:13 PM.
The Following 9 Users Like Post: